We are facing a new model in which national and international investors play a much more active role in the control of their investments, both in companies and in assets.
In fact, the presence of international asset managers is increasing in a competitive global economy where prices are stressed and financial resources are the gateway to certain markets. In this sense, the trend towards investment in the real economy is growing in a context of high international liquidity and low interest rates. Therefore, it is essential to have a highly-professional and qualified management team to obtain the returns demanded by investors.
At Altum Advisors we have extensive experience with global and local tier-1 asset managers in the following sectors:
In a tremendously fragmented market such as real estate, there is nevertheless a trend towards concentrating the "best assets" in a few increasingly professionalized players. Likewise, the market is facing new challenges in every business line - commercial, operations, financial, legal, technology, etc. - since both supply and demand behavior is changing.
In this respect, Altum Advisors advises the senior management of the largest companies in the following areas:
- Real Estate Developers, both residential and tertiary assets.
- Real Estate Asset Managers with different strategies: core, core+, value added, distressed...
- Holding Companies, REITs and Family Offices.
- Operators linked to real estate assets such as Hotels, Logistics, Offices, Residential for Rent...
- Technical, Financial, Commercial and Strategic Advisors, especially tier-1 Real Estate Consulting Firms.
Distressed Debt / NPLs
The distressed debt sector is possibly the one that has evolved most rapidly in recent years, professionalizing and consolidating itself as a relevant industry that is here to stay.
Both in the secured and unsecured debt environment, our expertise covers the entire value chain, from the origination of the debt, through its purchase and sale, recovery - judicial and amicable - and management / sale of its collateral when necessary.
Therefore, we have a solid experience working with the following types of clients:
- Principal Investors in large NPLs portfolios both secured and unsecured, as well as in REO portfolios. In the secured and REO field we cover both the granular and corporate spectrum.
- Servicers, both real estate and non real estate, owned by investors or independent. We advise them in their traditional challenges and developing new lines of business.
- Financial Institutions, supporting them in their areas of debt workout, portfolio sales and even in their NPL/REO investment vehicles.
- Medium-sized Investors and Family Offices.
- Technical, Financial, Commercial and Strategic Advisors.
Energy & Infrastructure
The energy and infrastructure sector is going through a moment of change marked by new regulations, decarbonization, generation through renewable sources of energy, security of supply, new supply and demand dynamics, investment in optimized and intelligent network infrastructures or new technologies, among other aspects.
In this scenario, Altum Advisors is positioning itself alongside the large Infrastructure Funds, Asset Managers, Utilities and IPPs to help them meet their challenges of attracting, retaining and managing executive talent, as well as aligning their organizational strategies with a fast-growing and evolving market.
From a talent management point of view, the appearance of new players with small, efficient and flexible structures is directly affecting traditional players, who both organically and inorganically are forced to adapt their businesses to changing scenarios.